Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Feedback, Part III: Middle Schoolers

As I mentioned in my first post I have taught various classes, age groups, and in various places. During my journey I was afforded the opportunity to teach middle school bible courses for a non-profit organization. At the end of each semester I asked my students to fill out evaluation forms to help me learn and provide information for our program director.

Oh, the things middle schoolers will say!

Often, I laughed so hard I would tear up reading their comments. They say the funniest, strangest, and often sweetest things. They are, typically, unashamed and tell it like it is. Just for fun, here are a few comments I can remember receiving:
"Mrs. Megan is awesome!"
"We love you Mrs. Megan."
"Mrs. Megan had some great shoes."
"Mrs. Megan, you grade so easy, can you teach all our classes?"
"The journals were too hard. I hated them."
"The activities were awesome."
"I loved the bus rides."
"Birthday's were my favorite part of this class---Mrs. Megan's cakes are the best."

And these are just a few that I can remember. They were so gracious, positive, and so honest. Not one of them would have written anything they would not tell me to my face (in fact, many of them said these things to my face). College students are not always the same. I'll address them in my next post.

What comments can you remember receiving from students you've taught?

No comments:

Post a Comment